From Seconde, FIS provides three options for students who wish to perfect their language skills.
- American Section (OIB): provides additional teaching in English for the following subjects – Literature, Theatre, History and Geography. This section leads to the International Bac.
- Oriental Section: provides 2 hours of additional classes taught in Mandarin concentrating on language learning, History and Geography.
- European Section: provides 2 hours of additional classes on western history taught in English.
For their final two school years, in Première and Terminale, students can choose one of the following options:
- Language and Literature (option L)
- Economics and Social Sciences (option ES)
- Mathematics and Sciences (option S)
Introduction to the Workplace
A highlight for FIS students in Seconde is their work experience placement. This takes place at the end of the school year for one week in an organisation of the student’s choice so that the student can learn about a career that interests them.
In Première and Terminale, students have the opportunity to take part in the annual HKMUN (Hong Kong Model United Nations) and SIMUN (Singapore International Model United Nations), which simulate the United Nations with students taking on the roles of representatives meeting on formal committees. This school activity requires research and knowledge in History, Economics and Politics. Students also have to demonstrate public speaking and negotiation skills.
FIS is an examination centre; copies are digitally sent to be marked by French school teachers who do not live in Hong Kong. Written Baccalaureate tests in overseas centres are allocated to the Académie de Montpellier.
The Baccalaureate examinations are split into two groups: the first round and the second round or “resit orals”. For several years now, FIS Terminale students have achieved excellent results; 100% of students have passed across all three sections for the last four years.
More details are available on Eduscol the Ministry of Education website.
Classes & Subjects
- Option L
- Option ES
- Option S
- Language Sections