Staff Spotlight: Andy Chan

Issue 60: 19/4/2024 Strategic Objective: ,

The Staff Spotlight series was introduced to both recognise the hard work of our staff who go above and beyond throughout the year, as well as introduce them to the wider school community, outside of their respective stream or department.

Each issue of Le Bulletin will shine a light on our talented and supportive staff from across the entire school (Leadership, Early Years, Primary, Secondary, French Stream, International Stream, Administration) with some “fun facts” and a Q&A that will allow the community to get to know them on a more personal level.

In this issue, we have Mr Andy Chan.

FUN FACTS

• Job Title: Secondary Mathematics Teacher
  • Department:  International Secondary
  • Campus: Blue Pool Road
  • Subjects taught: Mathematics
  • Nationality: British
  • Languages Spoken: English, Cantonese (badly, with heavy Britishness accent)

Q&A

1. How long have you worked at FIS?

This is my second year here at FIS.

2. In a few words, what’s the most rewarding thing about working at FIS?

It is most definitely all the stakeholders of the school!

3. What is the best thing that has happened to you this year (at FIS)?

I managed to gain partnership with UK Mathematics Mathematics Challenges and holding our first Intermediate Mathematical Challenge on BPR campus! We just received the results this week where 25 of our students in Year 8, 9, 10 and 11 received Bronze, Silver or Gold awards.

4. What hobbies / interests do you have?

I am an avid gamer and enjoy being on my PC during my spare time. If I’m moving about, I’ll normally use my Steam Deck or Nintendo Switch.

5. Best thing about living in Hong Kong?

For me, it’s being close to my family, I moved here so I can spend more time with my aging grandparents.

6. Favourite type of food or cuisine?

Oh, this is a hard one! I love Japanese cuisine, I’ve lived in Hong Kong for 8 years and only JUST visit Japan for the first time during the October break.

7. Favourite book or movie?

Oh this has to be “The Greatest Showman”. I love a good singalong movie! Ah, I love any movie with singing involved; Grease, Sister Act, Moana, Decanto, the list goes on!

8. If you could pick any superpower, what would it be and why?

I would have to say, the ability to fly, then I can fly home and visit my family for free! Hehe

Trevor Wilcox
Senior Creative Marketing Manager

Share
[cvw_social_links]