Outing to Impact HK – 5D & 5E

Issue 51: 26/1/2024 , Tseung Kwan O News (Reflections and Achievements) 6ème, 5ème, 4ème, 3ème

Bringing together two enthusiastic 5ème classes, our outings on 10th and 15th January 2024 to the IMPACT HK association were an enriching and moving experience. This dedicated organisation, focused on helping the homeless in Hong Kong, allowed us to discover the reality of their daily lives and contribute to positive change.

After weeks of anticipation and organisation, the big day finally arrived. The students from both 5ème classes gathered in the early afternoon for a journey on the MTR to the IMPACT HK shelter. The excitement was palpable in the air as we prepared for a day filled with encounters and sharing.

Upon our arrival at the association, we were warmly welcomed by the founder and CEO of the organisation, Jeff Rotmeyer, as well as dedicated volunteers from IMPACT HK. They explained their mission to us and guided us through the various activities carried out to assist the homeless. We were impressed by their commitment and determination to make a difference.

During our visit, we had the opportunity to meet some of the homeless individuals supported by IMPACT HK. These encounters were both heartbreaking and inspiring. We exchanged smiles, stories, and took the time to listen to them, share their burdens, and show our solidarity.

We were not simply spectators on this outing, but active participants. The students got involved by helping to distribute hot meals to the homeless. Each person made their contribution, no matter how small, to make this day special.

This day at IMPACT HK will be etched in our memories. We understood the importance of empathy and solidarity towards the most vulnerable people in our society. We left with a sense of gratitude and a desire to continue supporting the homeless in our community.

The outing to the IMPACT HK association was a profound human experience, teaching the students the value of empathy and social action.

Samuel Le Dorner
AED TKO référent 5ème

Share
[cvw_social_links]