A visit by Jordan Hatter – Voices of Syria

Issue 08: 11/11/2022 Blue Pool Road News (Reflections and Achievements) Y7, Y8, Y9, Y10, Y11, Y12, Y13

On the final day before we finished for the Half-Term break, we had the pleasure of welcoming back Jordan Hatter, a humanitarian and social advocate for Syrian refugees who shared his experiences with our year 9 & 12 students of working directly with both Syrian and Ukranian refugees of war.  He was very complementary about FIS students and wanted me to pass on his thoughts to you about his experience with us:

“The students at FISHK are in the top 1% worldwide when it comes to engaged listening, respectfulness, and expressing empathy. I have visited more than 110 international schools in 45 countries and I was truly moved by my visit to FISHK last Friday. FISHK is one of the most impressive schools I’ve ever visited!”

Jordan Hattar, Motivational Speaker & Director of Help4Refugees.org

We are very proud that an outside visitor should write these words about FIS students.  Jordan will be coming back to Hong Kong in the New Year, and so we shall invite him along to share his amazing stories with other students in the school.

Mark Williams
Principal Secondary School International Stream

Share
[cvw_social_links]