From Head of School

Issue 01: 16/9/2022

Dear FIS Community,

It has been a true delight since last Thursday to stand at the gates of our campuses,  morning and afternoon, and to witness our students beaming with joy as they returned to classes. Much gratitude goes to our faculty and staff who diligently prepared this back-to-school and poured all their energy and savoir-faire into creating the context for a successful learning experience. A special thanks to our facilities team for the renovation work completed on each of the campuses, ensuring that we continue to develop an optimised academic and collaborative learning environment. And, of course, many thanks to you, parents, for your trust and for putting your children under our care.

I plan to use this weekly platform to share the story of life at FIS and contribute to strengthening our identity as one community. Your readership is important and I look forward to our dialogues around what it means to be part of FIS. As you may already have heard me say, all members of the community, parents, faculty, staff, school leaders, and board directors share one common purpose: serve our students and their learning. I know that together we can build on this shared purpose to further strengthen the quality of the FIS experience.

My first month at the school is coming to an end and I already feel much better equipped to understand our institution and its context. Please refer to the video sent a week ago in which I answer our Board Chair’s questions and share some perspectives on the present and future of our school. As explained in my entry plan, this first term will see a number of opportunities for me to meet and listen to students, faculty and staff, and parents. Stay alert for upcoming information and invitations, including in these columns. Also, never hesitate to say hello and introduce yourself when you see me at our gates, as many of you have already done, and feel free to contact me directly to share your experience as a parent at our school.

With much appreciation,

Dr. Emmanuel Bonin
Head of School

Share
[cvw_social_links]