The French International School (FIS) is owned and managed by a non-profit organisation (the French International School Victor Segalen Association Limited (the “Association”)) which is a Hong Kong Limited Company with charity status.
By subscribing to a debenture, the debenture holder agrees to become a member of the "Association" and be subject to its Articles of Association.
Admission into FIS is conditional upon the purchase of a debenture.
Two types of debentures are available:
1. Corporate debenture (Type A)
- This debenture is fully redeemable* and transferable** subject to its terms and conditions
- The company must be registered at the Hong Kong Company Registry
- When a corporate body pays the school fees for a student, that student must be covered by a corporate debenture
- The current price is HK$ 250,000***
To subscribe, please send :
- the debenture application form “Corporate Debenture Cat A Application Form” duly completed and signed
- a copy of the company’s Buisiness Registration (BR)
- a crossed cheque for HK$250,000 payable to “French International School” or a copy of the bank draft transfer document (payment must be made by the company as stated on the BR copy)
2. Private debenture (Type B)
- This debenture is fully redeemable* subject to its terms and conditions
- This debenture is not transferable
- The private debenture is for families paying their children’s school fees
- The current price is HK$ 90,000***
To subscribe, please send :
- the debenture application form “Private Debenture Cat B Application Form” duly completed and signed by the debenture holder(s)
- a crossed cheque for HK$90,000 payable to “French International School” or a copy of the bank draft transfer document
* Both types of debentures are fully redeemable either when the student leaves the school and all outstanding bills in respect of the student have been paid in full or when they are covered by an alternative debenture.
** The corporate debenture can be reallocated to another student. The current reallocation fee is HK$25,000 (non-refundable).
*** The price of the debenture is subject to review at any time by the Board. The applicable tariff will be that approved by the Board at the time of payment by the subscriber. The issuance of debentures is subject to the prior approval of the Board.
French International School
165 Blue Pool Road
Happy Valley, Hong Kong
(Attn: Debentures Department)
“The debenture holder (as stated on the original debenture certificate) will be the only person entitled to donate or redeem the debenture. Cheques will be issued in the debenture holder’s name(s) only”. Therefore the name of debenture holder(s), stated on the debenture certificate, must correspond to the full name(s) of the bank account of the beneficiary(cies).
The full value of the debenture can be redeemed when the student’s withdrawal from FIS is confirmed and all outstanding bills in respect of the student have been paid in full. Any outstanding monies will be deducted from the value of the debenture.
For processing, please send the redemption form duly completed and signed by the debenture holder(s) and the original debenture certificate to the postal address above.
Notes for corporate debentures: FIS will process corporate debenture redemptions in October and May
Deadline for submission
Should you have any queries regarding debentures, please contact Mrs Lydia Harvey (Debentures@lfis.edu.hk)