Teaching Assistant- International Primary Section
We are now recruiting for a number of Teaching Assistants across our Tseung Kwan O and Jardine’s Lookout campuses starting August 2021.
Are you inclusive, flexible, highly motivated, and energetic? We are looking for Teaching Assistants to support teaching and learning.
Class Level: Primary School, International Stream, Early Years and Primary posts
- To contribute to the education, personal and social development of the children by providing support to class teachers, or other members of staff, as per the policies of the School;
- To maintain positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents;
- To work with and assist groups of children, under the overall supervision of the class teacher;
- To record observations of children’s progress and behaviour under the overall supervision of the class teacher;
- To support in the development and maintenance of resources;
- To supervise children during lunch and break times;
- To assist with the supervision of arrival and departures of children.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Confidence and skills in Maths and English;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Knowledge and experience of Early Years, Primary or Mandarin would be an advantage;
- Understanding the need for tact and confidentiality in work with young children;
- Ability to work independently.
Full-time position approximately 28.5 hours weekly, term time only (with occasional need for after-school preparation for specific events)
Priority will be given to applicants with a Teaching Assistant diploma or background. Please email your CV, stating the campus location you wish to apply for, and specify if you have Early Years qualifications, fluency level in Mandarin, on or before Monday 12th April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Please note that offers of employment are subject to confirmation of visa status in Hong Kong and satisfactory references. Prospective employees will be required to apply for a Sexual Convictions Record Check (SCRC) through the Hong Kong Police Force. All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.