Mandarin teaching assistant – International Section
Are you inclusive, flexible, highly motivated and energetic? We are looking for Mandarin Teaching Assistants to support teaching and learning. Find out more about our school here.
In this new post you will work in a team of three under the direction of the current Mandarin teacher. You will help to deliver the curriculum in a small group approach.
Class level: Primary School, International Stream, YR to Y6
- Contribute to the education, personal and social development of the children by providing support to the Class Teacher, as per the policies of the French International School and the direction of the Class Teacher.
- Work under the direction of Mandarin teacher with individual and groups of children in Mandarin subject
- Assist in preparing teaching tools, materials and activities.
- Facilitate extra-curricular and student activities.
- Supervise the children in the canteen and playground every day and assist after school in directing the children on to correct buses for trip home.
- Well developed interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in Mandarin and English;
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of working in an educational setting would be an advantage;
- Understanding of the need for tact and confidentiality in work with young children.
Full-time position 28.5 hours weekly (with occasional need for after-school preparation for specific events)
Please send by email your CV only before 3rd May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority will be given to persons with Teaching Assistant diploma or background.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to confirmation of visa status in Hong Kong and satisfactory references. Prospective employees will be required to apply for a Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) and No Criminal Conviction Check through the Hong Kong Police Force. All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.