IT Support Senior Technician
About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
IT Support Senior Technician Job description
The French International School of Hong Kong is a rapidly growing Educational organization with 4 sites and more than 2,800 students and 370 staff. We are seeking a highly motivated IT Support Senior Technician to join an existing team of IT professionals. Reporting to the IT Support Manager, you will work closely with the IT Team and be involved with work and activities across all campuses of the school.
- Provide IT technical and user support to students, teachers, parents and administrative staff in all campuses
- Assist the IT helpdesk duties: onsite and/or remotely; telephone, email & in-person support
- Assist in IT asset management
- Setup and maintain audiovisual equipment for classroom and occasional shows/events
- Liaise with vendors in equipment delivery, setup and maintenance
- Configure and maintain computer (including server), networking and telephony equipment
- Work with IT team on school’s IT projects
- Administrative tasks including (but not limited to): documentation, IT training provision, services monitoring, reporting, inventory taking, helpdesk system operation
- 3+ years solid & proven experience in supporting:
- Windows 8.1/10 OS, iOS and ChromeOS devices (servers, desktops, laptops, iPads, Chromebooks, Chromecasts), video projector, Interactive White Board, printers and other equipment
- Networking (switch/firewall/VPN/SAN/WiFi AP & Controller/CCTV), virtualization (VMWare)
- Server management (Windows & Linux servers, Backup Exec, PaperCut)
- Mobile devices management (MDT, InTune, FileWave, Google Admin Console)
- Working knowledge in following will be an advantage: operating and administering Active Directory users and computers, Office 365, Google G Suite for Education, PaperCut & Print credits, SMART Technologies, PowerShell, ITIL or other IT Service Management practices
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written) - Knowledge in French and/or Cantonese is a plus
- Organizational & troubleshooting skills; strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills; self-motivated individual who is able to work independently; Hardworking, mature, responsible, pro-active and innovative, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Higher Diploma or above in Information Technology or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Experience working in a school would be an advantage
- 25 days annual leave
- Medical insurance benefit & MPF
- 39 hours / week
If you are interested, please submit your application before 9th March 2018, to the Human Resources Department by e-mail: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.