IT Senior Helpdesk Technician - Blue Pool Road campus
The French International School of Hong Kong is a rapidly growing Educational organization with 4 sites and more than 2,700 students and more than 300 staff. We manage more than 1,500 devices, including PCs, Chromebooks and iPads, across 4 different networks.
We are looking for a qualified IT Senior Helpdesk technician to join our team and work in our Blue Pool Road office. Candidate will be required to go to other campuses from time to time.
• Provide support services (infrastructure, hardware and application) for all users (students, employees and parents)
• Troubleshoot and complex issues (network connectivity issues, including remote access, secure Wi-Fi and wired connectivity to the internal network…) and work with other team members / outsource company to identify root cause and resolution.
• Work independently while simultaneously being a collaborative team member striving for team success.
• Serve as the most senior technical resource and escalation point for the IT Help Desk team.
• Performs preventative maintenance
• Perform PC, peripherals and branch server installation, configuration and maintenance
• Liaise with vendors in equipment delivery, setup and maintenance
• Triage IT Help Desk tickets and plays a significant role to maintain Help Desk SLA commitments
• Escalate critical incidents to Help Desk Manager, as needed.
• Asset management and inventorying skills
• Administrative tasks including (but not limited to): documentation, IT training provision, services monitoring, reporting, inventory taking, helpdesk system operation
• Proficient technical knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems (Windows OS (10), iOS and Chrome OS devices), network configurations, video projectors, interactive whiteboards, printers..., Active Directory users and computers, PaperCut & Print credits, SMART Technologies, PowerShell, Server management (Windows & Linux servers, Backup Exec), Networking (switch/firewall/VPN/SAN/WiFi AP & Controller/CCTV), virtualization (VMWare).
• Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written) - Knowledge in French and/or Cantonese is a plus
• Familiarity with case ticketing systems and ITIL practices and processes
• Working technical knowledge of enterprise technology infrastructures and ITIL practices
• Aptitude for application-level support, migration and deployment activities
• Knowledge of monitoring and alerting systems
• Certificate or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations
• Experience working in a school would be an advantage
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) to the Recruitment and Human Resources Development Manager by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.