IT Helpdesk Manager - Blue Pool Road campus
The French International School of Hong Kong is a rapidly growing Educational organization with 4 sites and more than 2,700 students and more than 300 staff. We manage more than 1,500 devices, including PCs, Chromebooks and iPads, across 4 different networks.
We are looking for a qualified Help Desk Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading our technical support team of 6, to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues.
As a Help Desk Manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Candidate will be required to go to the other campus from time to time to work with the team on site.
- Manage the Help Desk team including:
- Providing the direction of their duties
- Lead, motivate and mentor the team to provide a professional, customer-focused service to agreed KPI’s
- Evaluate their performance
- Builds training material for support staff.
- Aiding development to ensure high-quality service to students, teachers, parents, and administrative staff is provided and maintained on a daily basis
- Incident and request management:
- Providing an escalation point for all users support issues
- Keeping all users up-to-date with resolution efforts on current incidents
- Overseeing all requests incidents and problems
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated issues
- Coordinate support desk request against SLA’s and agreed metrics
- Provide support as a member of the IT Help Desk by troubleshooting and resolving request and incident
- Monitor & control IT assets management
- Manage, maintain and deliver documentation relevant to the Service Desk processes and operations, including work instructions and procedures
- Liaise with vendors in equipment ordering, delivery, setup, and maintenance
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow-up with end-users to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Work with IT team on school’s IT projects
- Provide end-user feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the Head of IT
- Hardworking, mature, responsible, proactive and innovative, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written). Knowledge in French and/or Cantonese is a plus
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work with and service employee and management levels as well as external clients
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task successfully
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently
- Knowledge of IT service delivery and ITIL
- Hardware (computers, laptops, projector, touch screen, copiers, etc)
- Strong experience in Windows 10
- Office 365 or GSuite experience
- Strong experience in Active Directory (users, computers and GPO), DNS and DHCP
- Basic understanding of server and networking (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Preferred to have but not required
- Experience in a Print Management Software (Papercut or equivalent software)
- Experience on iPad and Chromebook
- Experience in Deployment Tool (MDT or equivalent software)
- Experience in Mobile Device Management (such as Microsoft Intune, Chrome Device Management)
- Knowledge in PowerShell or in Google Apps Manager (GAM)
- Higher Diploma or above in Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on a technical helpdesk
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a manager of technical helpdesk
- Experience working in a school would be an advantage
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) to the Recruitment and Human Resources Development Manager by email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.