IT Help Desk Manager - Blue Pool Road
The French International School of Hong Kong is a rapidly growing Educational organization with 4 sites and more than 2,700 students and more than 300 staff. We manage more than 1,500 devices, including PCs, Chromebooks and iPads, across 4 different networks.
We are looking for a qualified Help Desk Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading our technical support team of 6, to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues.
As a Help Desk Manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
- Recruit, train and support Help Desk representatives and technicians
- Manage the Help Desk team and evaluate performance
- Ensure service to students, teachers, parents and administrative staff is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Set specific service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Monitor IT assets management
- Liaise with vendors in equipment ordering, delivery, setup and maintenance
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow up with end-users to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Work with IT team on school’s IT projects
- Provide end-user feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- 4+ years solid & proven experience in supporting:
- Windows OS (8.1/10), iOS and Chrome OS devices, video projectors, interactive whiteboards, printers...
- Mobile devices management (such as MDT, InTune, FileWave, Google Admin Console)
- Working knowledge in following will be an advantage: ITIL or other IT Service Management practices, operating and administering Active Directory users and computers, Office 365, Google G Suite, PaperCut & Print credits, SMART Technologies, PowerShell, Server management (Windows & Linux servers, Backup Exec), Networking (switch/firewall/VPN/SAN/WiFi AP & Controller/CCTV), virtualization (VMWare).
- Organizational & troubleshooting skills; strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills; self-motivated individual who is able to work independently; Hardworking, mature, responsible, proactive and innovative, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Team management skills
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written) - Knowledge in French and/or Cantonese is a plus
- Higher Diploma or above in Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience working in a school would be an advantage
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) to the Recruitment and Human Resources Development Manager by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.