Event and Stage Technician
About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
Event and Stage Technician Job Outline
The French International School of Hong Kong is currently seeking an Event and Stage technician based in Tseung Kwan O Campus. The selected candidate will report to the Events Manager and work closely with Event and Stage team.
- Set up and operate lighting, sound and multimedia equipment for performance in the auditorium / event spaces. Set-up of venue, furniture and scenery are also required;
- Provide technical and creative support to all users of the school’s auditorium / event spaces;
- Liaise with relevant departments and individuals to ensure support is anticipated and provided;
- Assist during preparation weeks to ensure production meetings run smoothly;
- Suggest the hire or purchase of specialist equipment as needed;
- Identify key staff and students and provide simple training on equipment and processes as required;
- Ensure adequate event and technical support is in place when absent;
- Provide first-line maintenance support for all relevant technical equipment;
- Ensure all equipment is stored safely and maintain an inventory of all equipment;
- Liaise with IT staff over software requirements and system support.
- Proven experience in stage / production management;
- Proven experience and/or qualification in sound and lighting design. Experience of using the Avolites lighting console is a plus;
- Excellent working knowledge of IT including projector set-up, Powerpoint presentations and specific theatre industry operating and design programs;
- Up to date knowledge of lighting systems, control apparatus, equipment and its maintenance;
- Up to date knowledge of digital audio and audio-visual equipment and its use in relation to live, recorded and play-back techniques;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly and consistently with all auditorium and event space users, especially non-technical users;
- Confident in manual-handling/heavy lifting of auditorium equipment, climbing ladders etc. and able to do so safely;
- Confident in working independently but also willing to collaborate across many departments;
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends;
- Valid Hong Kong full driving licence;
- An electrical qualification is a plus;
- Experience of working in auditorium for a school, college or university is a plus.
If you are interested, please submit your application before 15th February 2018, to the Human Resources Department by e-mail: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.