English Teacher, International Stream
Contract Term: Two years renewable from mid-August 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for teacher of English at FIS. We are seeking an inspirational and energetic person to teach in the secondary school. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of academic success, innovation and development throughout their career. This is an opportunity for the candidate to help the Leaders of Learning to shape and mould the future of the faculties and help lead the vision and strategic mission of the school. Please note this is not an EAL/ESL role. It is primarily the teaching of literature.
We are seeking a teacher who will:
- Have a deep knowledge of international curriculum as well as detailed knowledge of IGCSE and IB/possibly A-Level. The ability to be able to teach the IB Language/Literature course would be an advantage;
- Be well qualified with an internationally accepted degree and teaching qualification;
- Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to contribute to the faculty;
- Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching and sets high expectations for every student;
- Be able to work collaboratively with a team of teachers;
- Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
- Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
We will provide:
- A competitive compensation package including cash allowance and gratuity
- International worldwide medical cover
- Subsidised education for children at French International School
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- The chance to work in a culturally diverse context
Please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please send your application by 31 July 2020. Early applications are recommended as the School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should a suitable candidate present him or herself. Address your application to Mr. Ian Clayton, Head of the International Stream. Interviews will take place in Hong Kong or via Skype.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.