English Literature Teacher - Secondary
About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
English Literature Teacher Job Outline
English Literature Teacher
The French International School in Hong Kong is recruiting a teacher of English (Language, Literature) to work in the French Secondary Stream from August 21, 2018.
We are a multicultural, international French school located in the heart of Asia with a student body and faculty comprised of both English and French speakers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Full-time position teaching 20 periods per week (55 minute periods)
- Teaching responsibilities include the English Language and Literature component of the French OIB (International Option of the French National Baccalauréat) exam
- Certified teacher
- Native speaker, trained in an anglophone country
- Proven interest in American and world literature
- Enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility: successful candidates should be willing to work in partnership with their colleagues on cross-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Ability and willingness to teach both Middle and High School level (6th to 12th Grades)
Priority will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- An American background, or experience teaching in an American School
- Working knowledge of French
- An additional qualification in drama would be an advantage
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae (with photo) and cover letter to the following addresses:
HR Director: Mr. Stephane IVANOFF (email address) firstname.lastname@example.org
American Section (OIB) Coordinator: Mrs Catherine McCarty (email address) email@example.com