Director of Fundraising & Marketing
About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
Director of Fundraising & Marketing Job Outline
The French International School of Hong Kong is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic professional for the position of Director of Fundraising and Marketing to join the Management team from the School headquarters based in Blue Pool Road. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Fundraising & Marketing will play a crucial role in developing the School Fundraising & Marketing strategy while providing leadership and guidance on communication and events. As a supervisor, the Director of Fundraising and Marketing will be expected to plan, inspire, continually review and monitor working practises and processes.
The position holder will line-manage 3 functions:
- Marketing & Communication
Marketing, Communication and Media Relations
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategic plan including ways of growing brand awareness, rising public relations and networking with businesses and media;
- Manage and develop all marketing and communication strategies within budgets in collaboration with the School Management team;
- Oversee all marketing & communication tools including online marketing and communication material;
- Responsible for all events including community, promotional, public relations and marketing-related events;
- Maximise media coverage and ensure publicity-related risks are mitigated appropriately and effectively;
- Provide analysis and feedbacks based on surveys and studies targeting competitors and stakeholders with the assistance of an appointed external research partner and the Management team.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes strategies for achieving revenue-raising goals for the short and long-term;
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of existing corporate partners, sponsors and donors;
- Identity, research, attract and secure new sponsors and partners;
- Ensure that each opportunity reflects the School spirit in a positive manner, remains adapted to the School environment and contributes to build the School long term credibility and reputation;
- Create and maintain up-to-date fundraising contact databases, including accurate records of potential fundraising leads, meeting minutes and closure of completed deals;
- Responsible for all fundraising-related documentation including proposals, letter of engagements, contracts, etc. working closely with the Legal Department and the Management team;
- Oversee all financial and contractual obligations relations, ensuring that all payment processes are managed accurately.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a management role in marketing, fundraising and related disciplines;
- Previous experience developing and implementing comprehensive successful fundraising and marketing plans within budget;
- Demonstrated experience in media relationship. Knowledge of key domestic media is a plus;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to engage effectively with stakeholders;
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a results-driven mentality;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, French would be an advantage;
- Proficiency with MS Office, CRM database management and Adobe Illustrator;
- Proven experience in the education field would be an advantage;
- References of past employers required.
If you are interested, please submit your application before 7th January, to the Human Resources Department by e-mail: email@example.com