At FIS there are many opportunities for parents to play a role at their children’s school.
- Elected Parent Representatives and Board members. Elections take place at the end of the school year and elected parents commit to serve for a minimum of one year.
- Volunteer either as a class parent or to help with community events.
- Parent Representatives are elected for one year at the Annual General Meeting and their role is to:
- Foster communication between parents and FIS staff
- Take part in pedagogical councils:
- Primary Council
- Secondary Council
- Victor Segalen Council
- Board members, elected for 3 years at the Annual General Meeting, undertake to:
- Define the school’s strategy
- Provide a solid financial and legal environment
- Define the lines of management for Human Resources, Development and Marketing and Communications
More details on the Governance page.
1. Class parents sign up for a school year to:
- Be in touch with teachers and other parents in their class
- Attend parent meetings for Secondary
2. Volunteer parents commit to different times depending on their availability and preference: 2 hours, 2 months or the school year.
- Join a team to organise a community event such as:
- TKO School Fair in November/December
- CW School Fair in February
- Swimathon in March
- Gala Dinner in March
- JL School Fair in June
- Participate in talks and panel discussions: share your expertise, host a coffee-meeting, recommend resources.
- Commit for a year and join one or more committees:
- Community Events Committee
- Sustainable Development Committee