Stress Management workshop
The School Management team and the Events Committee are delighted to offer an evening dedicated to Stress Management for our Students.
Working with Dr. Nancy Heath from McGill University's Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, we will host workshops for Students and Parents, followed by an informal get together with Teachers and staff for students to discuss how they are coping during the school year and for some, their exams. Dr. Heath is an internationally recognized leader in the area of self-injury and has worked in collaboration with schools for more than 25 years, enhancing school response to challenges including stress, anxiety, depression and self-injury.
Friday 22nd February starting at 4.45pm for the Students and 6.15pm for Parents - 7.30pm
Blue Pool Road Campus, Canteen and Room 508
- 4.45pm - 5.45pm Students Session in the canteen
- 5.45pm – 7.30pm Pizza and get together with Teachers and Staff in the Canteen.
- 5.45pm - Parents can join to mingle with Students and Staff, ready for the 6.15pm to 7.15pm Parent Session Room 508
7.30pm - Evening finishes for Students and Parents
The workshop will cover the following topics from a Student's perspective and then in the second session from a Parents perspective.
- Why are students stressed?
- How can we harness stress for success?
- What are effective responses to stress?
- When is stress too much?
The sessions are aimed at Secondary Students from both the International Stream and the French Stream. The presentations will be in English but the Teacher sessions will be in French and English as appropriate.
We look forward to seeing you there for this very important topic for our students.
Please register your interest: HERE