Over to the parents : find out more about our committees' actions!
The Canteen, Bus and Uniform committees are piloted by attentive and receptive volunteer parents who have made it their mission to make riding the bus, sporting the uniform and eating their lunch a better and happier experience for our children.
Throughout the year, they work hand in hand with the Vie Scolaire, the Health Team, the Chefs, and the support teams of each campus and pool resources with the school’s Operations Team to synchronise communication between parents, the providers, and the school, guide them and make improvements.
If you have skills or simply motivation to help make an impact on the children’s everyday life, please join or come and meet the committee members by contacting:
The FIS Green Committee was newly founded in 2018 and welcomes Primary and Secondary parents from both the International and French Streams, who would like to make a difference by contributing to the school’s environmental projects!
This year we were busy setting up the framework and organisation of the Committee, but also have been successful in the following areas:
- Urban Gardening at JL and CW campuses
- Creation and publishing of the FIS Green Gazette - Read the latest news
- Set up and running of a Facebook Page and Group
- Food waste audit at BPR
- Interactive Environmental Booth at the Winter Extravaganza
We would like to keep the momentum and continue our efforts in the next school year. Sadly Emiko Gourmelen who set up this Committee will be handing over the helm and we are looking for some strong leaders with creative ideas and a green spirit to head the Committee. It is a fantastic way to get to know people and a great opportunity to make an impact.
If you would like to join (with as little or as much time as you can), please email us at email@example.com.
Let us inspire and motivate the community and our children together - every little step counts!
The FIS Events Committee is an enthusiastic and creative team of volunteer parents who aims to organise community-building events and support pedagogical projects lead by teachers.
This year, the Committee has organised a wide range of events including the opening of the TKO campus and the new “Wellness Program” which were very well received by FIS community.
- We organize: Winter Extravaganza, Chai Wan Literature Fair, Swimathon (with Y12 students), Tea Towel project and the upcoming International Day on 1st June in JL;
- We support: Athletic competition, Art Walk
All the funds raised by the Events Committee will be finalized in August. 20% of the funds will be donated to charities with focus on children and education and the rest of the funds will finance the "Wellness Programme" and the school equipment where needed.
- Screening of “Screenagers” and panelists (Mr. Ian Brodie and Mr. Paolo Bosonin, on Internet security and the dangers of fake news, respectively);
- Screening of “Angst" and small guided meditation by Ms Newmann, a certified yoga teacher;
- Active Listening Workshop with Odette Umali of Gordon Parenting;
- Presentation about the Syrian refugees by Jordan Hatter from Voice of Syria;
- Stress management workshops for students and parents presented by Prof. Nancy Heath from McGill university;
- Conference on Bullying with Cameron Su (book: Memories Cached), Michele Lai from Kids4Kids, Sue Thomas from Discovery College, Rachel Leonard and Melissa Bartoli;
- Screening of “Demain” on 10th of June.
For the next academic year, the Committee plans on consolidating the "Wellness Program" and keep bringing you fun community-building events. We hence need parents volunteers to bring these ideas to fruition. Moreover, after 2 years at the helm of the Committee, Maude Ashra and Sam Gaudois are now looking to hand it over to another team of dynamic and motivated parents.
This is a wonderful occasion to meet other parents, have an impact on our kids school-life, use your project management skills and simply have fun.
If you’d like to join the team or have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.