Kindergarten and Primary closed until 25 February
In view of the latest development of seasonal influenza and to minimize the spread of influenza within schools, the Education Bureau has announced that the Chinese New Year Holiday for all Kindergartens and Primary schools will be advanced to start from 8 February (please refer to Related Document).
Secondary Schools remain open as normal.
The arrangements for FIS are as follows:
- The Chinese New Year Holiday for FIS Primary school is now from Thursday 8 February to Friday 23 February inclusive. Lunar New Year Holiday is included in the period mentioned.
- All kindergarten and primary school bus services will be cancelled as of 8 February.
- There will be no ECAs for Primary students and therefore no ECA bus from 8 – 23 February inclusive.
- To meet practical needs during these non-scheduled school holidays, FIS will arrange for adequate staff to handle school affairs/ answer parent enquiries and clean and disinfect the school premises.
- All school premises will remain open. In exceptional one-off cases, if parents are unable to arrange for the care of their child(ren), Vie Scolaire at the child’s campus should be contacted 24 hours in advance to make arrangements for their child to be supervised in school. Parents must verify their child’s temperature before sending them to school.
JL Vie scolaire - viescolaireJL@lfis.edu.hk
CW Vie scolaire – viescolaireCW@lfis.edu.hk
HH Vie scolaire – viescolaireHH@lfis.edu.hk
- During the holidays we will do our best to ensure students make good use of their time by providing homework if deemed necessary.
Please contact us if you have any questions or queries. The EDB will continue to provide support to schools when necessary and we will update all parents as required.