Kindergarten & Primary
5 main areas of learning
Our curriculum at FIS groups the 5 main areas of learning:
- Involvement with language in all its forms
- Action, self-expression and understanding through physical activities
- Action, self-expression and understanding through artistic activities
- Building the foundations for organizing students’ thinking
- Exploring the world
More details can be found on the Eduscol website here.
Languages for Primary students
At primary level, FIS offers 3 language pathways depending on the class, campus and the child’s level of English:
- "Reinforced English" curriculum;
- "Immersive Bilingual" curriculum;
- "Equal Bilingual Time" (BPH) or "American International Section" (SIA) curriculums.
For more information, see the Language Learning page.
Education Reform – learning continuity prioritised
Starting in 2016-2017 academic year, new cycles and programmes were put in place for Primary and Lower Secondary:
- Cycle 1 : PS, MS, GS
- Cycle 2 : CP, CE1, CE2
- Cycle 3 : CM1, CM2, 6ème
- Cycle 4 : 5ème, 4ème, 3ème
More details can be found on the Eduscol website here
Our priority is our students’ success and the programmes for each subject have been built in 3 year cycles to provide continuity throughout the 9 years of compulsory schooling.
The main changes to these programmes are based on continuity and consistency across subjects to allow for improved tracking of student progress.
Cycle 3 joins 6ème with Primary committing to a real transition which contributes to pedagogical and educational continuity between Primary and Lower Secondary. All these pedagogical developments accompany enrichment projects driven by the whole education community which allow a perfect fit between students and the French education system.
Tracking education from Moyenne Section (MS)
From now on at both Jardine’s and Tseung Kwan O campuses, specific assessments for Early Years have been put in place to provide a broad and easily understandable overview for parents. In addition, reports and an overview of achievements at the end of Grande Section (GS) are used for evaluation and communication of student learning.
Classes & Subjects
- Classes in French with advanced English lessons
- Bilingual classes in French / English
- Immersive Bilingualism (French/English)