About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
Facilities Manager Job Outline
The French International School of Hong Kong is currently seeking a Facilities Manager based in Tseung Kwan O Campus.
- Responsible for the campus facilities management activities under the supervision of the FM director;
- Management of the on-site team composed of direct and contract staff member;
- Able to handle the opening of a new campus including the follow up on finishing works;
- Act as a single point of contact with client’s on-site representative;
- Implement operation policies and procedures according to FIS policies and FM director instructions;
- Oversee R & M works to ensure uninterrupted services to the school;
- Oversee Cleaning and Security Service to ensure hygienic and safe learning environment for the students;
- Oversee lifeguards and gardening contractors;
- Supervise and monitor services provided by sub -contractors and conduct regular review meeting to enhance the quality and service level;
- Prepare and monitor the annual FM budget to ensure expenses are spent within budgeted;
- Plan for in-house routine maintenance (including the annual stock check, routine maintenance, renovation and improvement) and carry out feasibility studies of projects works in accordance with the school budget and financial procedures;
- Ensure a smooth and transparent communication with FIS staff and FM team members, to maintain positive interactions between colleagues internally as well as external customers;
- Ensure SLA & KPI are delivered.
- Minimum 7 years solid experience in Property / Facilities Management; 3 years of which should be at managerial level;
- Strong background and technical knowledge on building services maintenance and well versed in statutory requirements of building projects;
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential;
- Strong communication skill with customer service focused mindset;
- Cheerful character with proactive and can-do mindset;
- Able to work independently and take full responsibilities for all facilities management matters;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with good leadership;
- Good language skill with fluency in written and spoken English, French will be a plus;
- Previous working experience with International Schools or educational institutions highly preferred but not mandatory.
If you are interested, please submit your application before 15th January 2018, to the Human Resources Department by e-mail: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.