Early Years/Primary Teachers, International Stream
About French International School (FIS)
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,600 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a pristine historical building in Chai Wan, are conveniently situated on Hong Kong Island. The school has recently acquired a new site for development in Tseung Kwan O.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International, under an overall Headmaster appointed by the AEFE. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 2000 students. The International Stream follows a curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum leading to IGCSE and then the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has approximately 642 students registered.
Early Years/Primary Teachers, International Stream Job Outline
Contract Term: Two years renewable from mid-August 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for teachers of early and primary years at FIS. We are seeking inspirational and energetic people to teach in the primary school. The successful candidates will have a proven track record of academic success, innovation and development throughout their career.
This is an opportunity for candidates to help the head of primary to shape and mould the future of the primary school.
We are seeking teachers who will:
- Have a deep knowledge of international curriculum innovation especially primary school best practice. Knowledge of IPC/IEYC would be an advantage
- Be well qualified with an internationally accepted degree and teaching qualification.
- Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to contribute to the primary school;
- Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching and sets high expectations for every student;
- Be able to work collaboratively with a team of teachers
- Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
- Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Have experiences/knowledge of bilingual teaching and learning;
- Have some basic knowledge of French would be an advantage;
We will provide:
- A competitive compensation package including cash allowance and gratuity
- International worldwide medical cover
- Subsidised education for children at French International School
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to work in a culturally diverse context.
Please send a CV with a recent photograph to email@example.com and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides to explain how your experience so far has prepared you for the job and what your approach to education is. Please send your application by 15th January 2018. Address your application to Mr Ian Clayton, Head of the International Stream. Interview will take place in Hong Kong in December/January and in London in January.