Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
We are now recruiting for a Teaching Assistant at our Chai Wan campus starting January 2023.
Are you inclusive, flexible, highly motivated and energetic? We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning. Find out more about our school here.
Primary School, International Stream, Early Years and Primary levels
- To contribute to the education, personal and social development of the children by providing support to class teachers, or other members of staff, as per the policies of the French International School
- To maintain positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents
- To work with and assist groups of children, under the overall supervision of the class teacher
- To record observations of children’s progress and behaviour under the overall supervision of the class teacher
- To support in the development and maintenance of resources
- To supervise children during lunch and break times
- To assist with the supervision of arrival and departures of children
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Confidence and skills in Math and English;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; Knowledge of French is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of phonics would be an advantage;
- Understanding the need for tact and confidentiality in work with young children;
- Ability to work independently.
Full-time position approx. 28.5 hours weekly, term time only (with occasional need for after-school preparation for specific events)
Priority will be given to applicants with Teaching Assistant diploma or background.
Only Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card/dependant visa holders will be considered.
- School holidays
- Medical insurance coverage