Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
We are looking for an IT Helpdesk Support to join our team and work at our Blue Pool Road Campus. Candidate will be required to work at other campuses from time to time.
- Provide assistance (software, hardware and apps) for all users (students, employees and parents)
- Respond to students, employees and/or parents’ issues via phone, email or other established support channels
- Follow-up with users to ensures issues are resolved
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- Install, makes changes and repair computer hardware and software
- Asset management and inventorying skills
- Work independently while simultaneously being a collaborative team member striving for team success.
- Escalate critical incidents to IT Manager and/or Head of Information Technology, as needed.
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative, detail oriented in order to keep detailed notes on tickets
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer, printing, projector, interactive panel & sound issues
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot G Suite Education, Windows 10, Chromebooks, and/or iPads
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Knowledge in French and/or Cantonese is a plus
- Certificate or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training or work experience.
- Fresh Graduates are welcome
- 39 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave per year
- Medical insurance coverage