Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
FIS is looking for Health Assistants to join our Health Department as soon as possible: one part-time (36 hours per week) position in Tseung Kwan O Campus (primary and secondary students) and one part-time position (34 hours per week) in Jardine’s Lookout Campus (primary students).
As part of FIS educational support team, the main mission of the Health Assistant is to contribute to our students’ success and wellbeing.
- Respond to students’ needs including first aid care but also psychological well being
- Identify, design, and organize health education programs
- Act as a liaison with school staff on students’ specific needs or problems if needed
- Maintain accurate records of all visits and report as appropriate
- Maintain the medical room in good condition
- Help to manage and implement health protocols including but not limited to covid-19 protocol
- First Aid certificate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English. French could be a plus.
- Previous experience with young kids, teenagers.
- Holder of a “Dependant visa” or Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
- Chance to work in a culturally diverse context
- Entitled to all school holidays
- Tseung Kwan O Campus: 36 hours per week – Part time
- Jardine’s Lookout campus: 34 hours per week – Part time