Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
We are seeking an inspirational and energetic French language primary specialist Part-Time Teacher to teach at our Chai Wan (CW) campus in the International Primary Stream.You will work alongside other teachers to deliver specialist subjects as part of the IEYC and IPC curriculum. The successful candidates must have a proven track record of academic success, innovation and development throughout their career.
- Have experience of teaching French language to Primary age students
- Have knowledge, experience and understanding of the English National Curriculum
- Hopefully have some knowledge or experience of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) /International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC);
- Be a holder of an internationally recognised degree and teaching qualification;
- Be a dynamic, forward-looking professional with the experience and skills to contribute to the primary school;
- Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching and sets high expectations for every student;
- Be able to work collaboratively with a team of teachers;
- Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
- Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Experience/knowledge of bilingual teaching and learning;
- Holder of Hong Kong Permanent Identity card or dependant visa;
- A competitive salary
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to work in a culturally diverse context.