Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
The French International School – Hong Kong is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to manage our Jardine’s Lookout and Blue Pool Road Campuses. The Facilities Manager will be reporting to the Deputy Head of Facilities/Project Manager and will be joining a team of 15 staff dedicated to our 4 campuses.
- Manage Jardine’s Lookout’s and Blue Pool Road’s Maintenance and supervise Facilities team (in-house technician and contractors)
- Organise and participate in works and repairs with the Maintenance team under safe conditions
- Carry out hands-on campus maintenance work including the follow up on construction works
- Implement operation policies, the recurring ones and procedures according to FIS policies and Deputy Head of Facilities’ instructions
- Oversee Cleaning and Security Service to ensure hygienic and safe learning environment for the children
- Schedule, request for quote, supervise and monitor services provided by sub-contractors and conduct regular review meeting to enhance the quality and service level until handover and defect following
- Keep high standard of quality and finishing during maintenance interventions and the projects
- Manage and follow equipment and furniture of Facilities (stock, supply, checking, maintain,…)
- Contribute to the annual FM budget to ensure expenses are spent within budgeted
- Ensure a smooth and transparent communication with FIS staff and FM team members, to maintain positive interactions between colleagues internally as well as external customers
- Work closely with Project Manager to facilitate the project needs
- Work closely with Head of Campus and teachers to meet the needs on pedagogical side
- Occasional rotation to other campuses will be required
- Experience in Facilities Management or Building Construction; Electrical, Air Conditioning or Plumbing qualifications; strong background and technical knowledge on building services maintenance and well versed in statutory requirements of building projects, able to repair and supervise the technical team.
- Cheerful character with proactive and “can-do” mind-set.
- Available for exceptional emergency interventions during evening or weekends.
- Capacity to understand the expectations and propose the best solution for the safety, quality, finishings, functional, intervention time and cost.
- Able to work independently, anticipate issues (safety, maintenance, renovation) and take full responsibilities for all facilities management matters.
- Basic computer skills, e.g. Google Suite and BMS (Building Maintenance System)
- Good language skill with fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese. French will be a plus.
- Holder of Hong Kong driver’s licence
- Holding a “dependent visa” or Hong Kong Permanent Resident;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Facilities Management. Candidates with less experience can be considered as Assistant Facilities Manager
- 39 hours per week – Full time
- Entitled to 5 weeks of holiday per year
If you are interested, please submit your application (resume and cover letter) via this link: https://fis.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.