Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
The French International School (FIS) is looking for professional primary teachers who have flexible schedules and can be available to supply teach at any one of our three primary campuses (Jardine’s Lookout, Chai Wan and Tseung Kwan O).
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE:
- Flexible, responsible, creative and motivated.
- Able to manage behaviour effectively.
- Able to deliver engaging lessons in either a primary classroom and/or EAL (English as an Additional Language) setting.
- Holder of an internationally recognised teaching qualification – PGDE (or equivalent) and is a Registered Teacher with the Hong Kong Education Bureau
- Language qualifications – TESOL, TEFL and/or CELTA are an asset
- Teaching experience preferred; newly qualified graduates will also be considered
Applicant MUST be a Hong Kong Permanent Resident or hold a Valid visa to work in Hong Kong.