Established in 1963, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was the first school in Hong Kong to offer the IB (in 1988). It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and international curricula and is one of the largest French schools in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, next year all of which will accommodate students in the International Stream. Regarding the three primary schools, one is surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and another campus is by the sea in Tseung Kwan O and the third is a beautiful campus in Chai Wan.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows the French national curriculum and has approximately 1700 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum based on the English national curriculum and also the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) and International Primary Curriculum (IPC) leading to the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) in years 7 and 8, then to IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in Years 12 and 13. It currently has over 1000 students registered. In 2020/21 the international stream successfully went through the IEYC/IPC Accreditation process.
This is an opportunity to join the Facilities team of the French International School – one of the most established and oldest international schools in Hong Kong with four campuses across the city.
As a member of the Facilities Department, you will assist the Deputy Head of Facilities and Development/Project Manager to handle Facilities Management projects and contractual activities in the school. The position will be primarily responsible for:
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders such as, Principals, Facilities Managers, Contractors to deliver short and long-term goals
- Assist to provide specifications, proposals, drawings and solutions
- Responsible for project management including costs monitoring and monitor project progress and set deadlines, assuring accurate execution of contract terms and conditions and site health and safety
- Manage tender, procurement and coordination of works
- Responsible for contract administration and management
- Assist in the development and implementation works plan according to the Facilities Departments’ strategy
- Require to work in all campuses for site meetings and site support and inspection, occasionally attend to work after school hours
- Perform tasks as required by the Line Manager
- Degree or above in Building Service or Engineering or Surveying
- Experience or training in Facilities Management is preferred
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in E&M project management, with experience gained from project property developers, construction companies or consultant
- Exposure in education environment is preferred but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Self-motivated, independent achiever with highly developed organisational skills with proven capability in working to deadlines and at times, high pressure environments
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- 39 hours per week from Monday to Friday – Full time
- Entitled to 5 weeks of annual leave per year
Competitive Salary will be offered to the right candidate. Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) via this link: https://fis.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.