Konstantin GOLDAU: counsellor for the International Stream students at Tseung Kwan O and Blue Pool Road campus

Issue 05: 14/10/2022

Firstly, I wanted to thank everybody for welcoming me so warmly here at FIS. I’m very excited to take over the role of counsellor for the international stream students at Tseung Kwan O and Blue Pool Road campus.

Originally, I hail from south Germany, which I left after completing my first Master degree in Media Pedagogy & Psychology in 2004. I spent some time in Japan but mostly in Britain thereafter, before landing in Hong Kong in 2018.

Having worked in various roles in media, corporate environments and teaching, I felt it was time to follow my true calling and enrolled for the Master Social Sciences in Counselling here at HKU. My clinical training brought me to counsel students at Harrow International School Hong Kong, while parallel conducting socio-emotional growth classes at a local kindergarten in To Kwa Wan.

How do I counsel: I received a broad training in a variety of approaches and continue to deepen my knowledge in evidence-based clinical practice. I believe in a holistic approach, viewing each client with their unique needs. In collaboration, we work out the most suitable way to promote recovery and flourishing mental wellbeing.

In the future, I would love to involve the secondary psychology course students in some applied research projects, introduce some groups on socio-emotional growth and flourishing.

My door is always open, at least during the following times:

You can reach me via email:

Carla Dos Santos
Head of Health Department

Share
[cvw_social_links]