Handball is not a very popular sport in Asia, but it is however played by many Chinese schools in Hong Kong. This has given us the opportunity to participate to intra-school championships every year with three teams representing FIS.
Our aim is not only competing and this activity is open to everyone - beginner and advanced levels.
Indeed, handball is designed around the concepts of skill development, teamwork, physical fitness, competition play and fun.
This year, we offer:
As part of UNSS :
- A boy team between 12 and 14 year old : C Grade Boys.
- Training day : every wednesday from September to March, from 1.30pm to 3.30pm starting from 19th September
- Meeting point: FIS Blue Pool Rd Gymnasium from where a bus will take the players to Jardine's gymnasium together with UNSS Swimming team.
- Competitive matches will start early February.
- Cost : HK$500
- Bring two identical passport photos and a copy of your HKID card or passport.
As part of the extra-curricular activities :
- A boy team between 16 and 20 years old : A Grade
- A boy team between 14 and 16 years old : B Grade
- A girl team between 14 and 20 years old : A/B Grade
Training day : Thursdays from 6 to 7pm at Jardine's gymnasium.
Meeting point: 5.45pm at FIS Blue Pool Rd Gymnasium from where a bus will take the players to Jardine's gymnasium together with UNSS Swimming team. Players will have to make their own way back home.
Cost : HK$1800
Bring two identical passport photos and a copy of your HKID card or passport.
Trainer : Mr Philippe Guillo, PE teacher at FIS.