Application and registration fees
The application and registration fees should be paid together at the time of application:
- Application fees HK$500.00: non-refundable
- Registration fees HK$3,800.00: non-refundable on acceptance by the School. Non-refundable if no response is made to our annual waiting list update letter.
On receipt, completed applications are registered on the waiting list. If there are vacancies in the appropriate class and there are no other children on the waiting list, the applicant may be called for assessment immediately. If there are a number of children on the waiting list then the applicant will be called as and when a vacancy becomes available, respecting his/her order of application date on the waiting list.
All children are assessed prior to entry. The format and content varies according to the class being applied for. Testing usually takes place at the School, however, from Primary 2 upwards, special arrangements can be made to assess children who are abroad and unable to attend interviews in Hong Kong.
There is a fee of HK$1000 for all assessments for all classes.
A letter of acceptance by the School is sent when a child has passed the entrance assessment. The registration fee HK$3800 is then non-refundable. A parent will then be required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit on the school fees. For Primary the deposit is HK$10,000, for Secondary the deposit is HK$15,000.
Each pupil attending the French International School "Victor Segalen" must be covered by a debenture:
- Category "A" - a company debenture at the value of HK$250,000
- Category "B" - a personal debenture at the value of HK$90,000
After acceptance by the School, and prior to the student's admission to class, purchase of a debenture is compulsory. The full value of the debenture is refunded when the student's withdrawal from School is confirmed in writing no later than two months before the end of each financial term and all outstanding bills have been paid.
Failure to give the requisite amount of notice will result in a penalty being imposed equivalent to two months school fees from the following term. The School reserves the right to deduct these monies from the redemption value of the debenture. When a corporate body pays the school fees for a child, the child Must be registered with a corporate debenture "A".
Tuition fees are to be paid in 3 installments (a payment for the whole year is accepted):
- The first financial period includes the months of September, October, November and December.
- The second financial period includes the months of January, February and March.
- The third financial period includes the months of April, May and June.
All new applicants pay an application fee of HK$500.00 and a registration fee of HK$3,800.00. Students transferring from the French Section need only pay the application fee of HK$500.00.
Priority for the International Section
1. Sibling Priority – the applicant has a sibling in the International Section of the French International School
2. Corporate Debenture – the debenture assigned needs to have been purchased for at least one year before it gives a priority
3. Ex-Students reapplying from outside Hong Kong within 2 years of leaving the French International School
Refunding Fees for the Waiting List
- The application fee of HK$500.00 is non-refundable
- The registration fee of HK$3,800.00 is non-refundable upon acceptance by the school. If no response is made within two months to our annual update letter, the name of the child will be removed from the waiting list and the registration fee is non-refundable
Arrival during the course of the school year
1st financial period from 1st September to 31st December:
Arrival before the 1st November: The school fees are due in full for the corresponding financial period.
Arrival after the 31st October: The school fees will be calculated pro rata for the number of calendar days of that financial period.
2nd financial period: from 1st January to 31st March
Arrival before the 15th February: The school fees are due in full for the corresponding financial period.
Arrival after the 14th February: The school fees will be calculated pro rata for the number of calendar days of that financial period.
3rd financial period: from 1st April to 30th June
Arrival before the 15th May: The school fees are due in full for the corresponding financial period.
Arrival after the 14th May: The school fees will be calculated pro rata for the number of calendar days of that financial period.